I absolutely LOVE Jennifer Lopez’s hairstyle in this picture! Many of my friends come to me for advice on their hair, and I love giving it to them. After being in the hair industry for 10 years (not as a Stylist, oh how I wish!), I hope I know a thing or two about hair.
To get her style in this picture, this is what I would do:
- Shampoo and condition your hair with hydrating products. (Right now I am loving the Joico K-Pak.)
- Put a golf ball size of Mousse in your hair before you blow it dry and use a heat protectant. (My favorite is Cibu Shang High Volumizing Mousse and It’s a Ten Leave-In Miracle Treatment.)
- Section your hair and use a round brush about 2 to 3 inches in diameter and blow dry all of your hair under. Concentrate on the crown of your head to create some lift at your roots.
- For the bangs, she has a very far left part that sweeps across her forehead. To achieve this look, blow dry your bangs all the way to the opposite side that you want them to go and when they are dry, flip them back over to the direction you want them to lay. (Sounds crazy, but trust me on this one.)
- Use either large Hot Rollers or a large 2 inch barrel curling iron to curl your hair. For the back, comb each section and roll the hair around the roller or iron curling it all under. For the sides, comb each section and roll the hair around the roller or iron so that it goes away from your face. (The roller or iron will be vertical to your face.)
- As you release the hair from the iron or take out the curlers, let your hair sit for a few minutes so it’s completely cool.
- Mix a pomade and a shine serum/Argan Oil in your palm and use to smooth the ends of your hair and fix any fly-aways.
- Then, “tease” or back comb your hair at the crown and on the sides to get the volume JLo has in the picture. (You can NEVER tease too much 🙂
- Finally, get out that hairspray and spray away!